This is an entry level introduction and will provide participants with a good overview of the mechanics of money creation by private banks and the problems this debt-based method money system poses in modern society. It will also cover the debt-free, accountable, and sustainable Positive Money solution that would vest full responsibility for money creation with the Reserve Bank. Recorded live 3 May 2020.
- Disturbing conflict of interest in Reserve Bank appointments
- Positive Money supports the call for an inquiry into the Covid economic response
- Ground breaking papers from the Reserve Bank
- Review of the Reserve Bank’s Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) paper, October 2021
- Review of the Reserve Bank’s Stewardship paper on the Future of Money October 2021