This is an entry level introduction and will provide participants with a good overview of the mechanics of money creation by private banks and the problems this debt-based method money system poses in modern society. It will also cover the debt-free, accountable, and sustainable Positive Money solution that would vest full responsibility for money creation with the Reserve Bank. Recorded live 3 May 2020.
- Submission in support of our Covid-19 funding petition
- Our latest petition requires Government’s own bank to fund Covid recovery
- Misconceptions around Banking – Banking 101 (Part 1 of 6)
- What’s wrong with the money multiplier? – Banking 101 (Part 2 of 6)
- How is money really made by banks? – Banking 101 (Part 3 of 6)