- Become an active member of our campaign. Email us at email@example.com – with “I want to join” in the subject line.
- Sign up to receive our newsletters.
- Share the 7 Sharp clip on how banks create money out of thin air. (7 minutes).
- Share the record of the Parliamentary debate from 1936 (DOCX or PDF format) where the first Labour Government passed legislation to enable our Reserve Bank to create money to fund the building of thousands of State Houses.
- Share the IMF (International Monetary Fund) Working Paper titled The Chicago Plan Revisited. It endorses a very similar approach to ours. We suggest you read only the first 20 pages.
- Share the Bank of England’s 14 page paper titled Money creation in the modern economy issued in March 2014. It describes how the majority of the money in the modern economy is created by commercial banks making loans.
- Share Banking vs Democracy, a UK paper on how power shifted from parliament to the banking sector.
- Share Sovereign Money: an introduction which is a detailed explanation of our Positive Money solution.
- Like us and follow us on Facebook.
- Donate to our campaign.
- Organise a meeting with your MP. The parliamentary website will have the details of your local MP and contact us for our tip sheet for meeting with parliamentarians has a suggested format and content.
- Circulate the Positive Money NZ flier (contact us for a copy).
- Email us to have us talk to your friends, community groups or organisations.
- Move the money in your bank accounts from the Australian-owned banks to New Zealand-owned banks: Kiwibank, Taranaki Savings Bank, The Co-operative Bank, The SBS Bank or Credit Unions. Encourage your workplace, society, organistaion or group to do so as well.
- Hand out the draft Executive Summary of the Creation of Currency Bill. This shows how New Zealand will exercise its sovereign right to create all of New Zealand’s money supply.
- Share the coverpage and commentary from the November 2011 issue of New Zealand Investor that commented on the practice.
- Direct friends overseas to the International Movement for Monetary Reform to find the group closest to them. Positive Money New Zealand is part of a global campaign to reform the monetary system
- Let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org of like-minded people or organisations that are campaigning for similar outcomes.
Help us to achieve real change in our money system and make sure that it works for the public good not just for private profits.
Drop Us a Line
Get in touch to learn more about Positive Money